A VISIT AT THE ZOO
Join us for a visit or participate in an educational activity, what better way to be part of the solution! Schools, summer camps or day care, ask us about our special packages and have your groups enjoy a memorable experience!
With over many different species of animals native to Québec, the Ecomuseum zoo offers a wide variety of educational activities. Both students and teachers will be delighted by the success of this unforgettable event! Our experienced, inviting and friendly personnel will accompany you from the planning stages to the day of the activity.
Here lies a list and short description of the activities from which you may choose for your next visit to the zoo:
Life in the Saint-Lawrence Valley
This one and a half hour visit will allow you to discover the large mammals of the Ecomuseum Zoo. A volunteer docent will help you unearth our animals’ best kept secrets. Up-close encounters can be expected. As you walk the pathways you'll be enchanted by the natural beauty of our site as well as the warm and friendly approach of our docents. The general guided tour is reserved for children 3 years of age and older.
The wonderful world of birds of prey
This one hour visit will allow you to discover the birds of prey of the Ecomuseum Zoo. You will certainly be amazed by the details and secrets your tour guide will reveal during your visit as we help you unravel the mysteries that are the birds of prey! The raptor tour is reserved to participants 7 years of age and older.
Zookeeper for a Day
Become a Zookeeper for a Day! Accompanied by our zoologist, you will have the chance to discover different diet requirements as you prepare meals and feed our animals yourself. You will need a sense of adventure, your imagination and your ability to work within a team. Three and five hour packages are offered. This activity is reserved for children aged 3 and over.
The Zookeeper for a Day package includes:
- The chance to prepare meals for certain animals.
- The opportunity to invent, build and observe animal reactions to “nourishing toys”.
- The chance to meet these animals as you serve their meal.
- The chance to learn through uo-close encounters with some of our animals.
- The opportunity to participate in a scientific workshop to dissect a raptor pellet (7 years and over).
The Ecomuseum Zoo under the stars! Accompanied by our zoologist, discover which animals are most active at night. Does the Arctic Fox sleep? Do the Porcupines dance by the moonlight? Do the animals sleep in before the opening of the zoo? You will be privileged witnesses to the behavior of our animals at night! The Magical Night runs from 7 p.m. to 9 a.m. the next day and is reserved for participants aged 3 years old and over. Don't forget your sleeping bag, floor mat, toothbrush and camera!
Your Magical Night will include:
- Guided, outdoor, nocturnal visit to discover the secrets of our nocturnal animals.
- Special presentations to meet some of our animals up-close.
- Sleepover at the Ecomuseum zoo (indoors).
- Continental, nutritious breakfast to start the day.
- Guided, outdoor, diurnal visit to discover our diurnal friends.
- All Ecomuseum zoo facilities will be open for only your group from 7 p.m. to 9 a.m. the next morning!
Breakfast with the animals
What an original way to learn about an animal species! Do our animals eat the same food as you? It's time to roll up your sleeves to prepare meals and feed our animals. This activity, which lasts two and a half hours, is reserved for participants 3 years of age and over.
Your breakfast with the animals includes:
- A nutritious continental breakfast for the humans!
- A dynamic presentation by our zoologist on the animal who is the star of the day
- Time for participants to prepare the animal's meal.
- A chance for the participants to meet the animal and serve its breakfast!
You may choose amongst:
A- Breakfast with the Otters
B- Breakfast with the Bears
C- Breakfast with the Wolves
D- Breakfast with the Lynx
Would you like to have breakfast with the foxes, ducks, raccoons or another animal residing at the Ecomuseum Zoo? Call us to discuss the possibilities.