DISCOVER OUR SUMMER CAMPS!
NATURE CAMP – SUMMER 2014 (5 to 11 years old)
Does your child love nature and animals? Don’t hesitate: the Ecomuseum Zoo summer Nature Camp is a whole week of unforgettable adventures with the flora and fauna of Québec.
It’s also hundreds of diner table conversation topics, dozens of adventures to tell friends when school’s back in and too many discoveries to count!
Each year new, exciting and enriching activities await our young campers aged 5 to 11 years of age.
Specifically, your children will have the opportunity to interact directly with animals and discover the natural settings we all share. They will, among other things:
- Learn how to care for animals;
- Study animal behavior
- Wear their ornithology hat as they participate in a bird observation session;
- Identify insects;
- Go frog « hunting » in the marsh;
- Play games and do crafts;
- And many more surprises!
Zoo members :
$100 for a week of half days (5-6 year olds)
$180 for a week of full days (7-11 year olds)
$110 for a week of half days (5-6 year olds)
$200 for a week of full days (7-11 year olds)
The cost includes all activities under supervision of our qualified counsellors and a t-shirt bearing the 2014 Ecomuseum Zoo Nature Camp logo.
YOUNG VOLUNTEERS – SUMMER 2014
We are looking for young volunteers interested in being a Counselor’s Assistant for the 2014 Nature Camps. If you are between 14 and 18 years of age (as of June 1st, 2014), are dynamic, mature and like working with kids and animals, why not join us as a volunteer and get some work experience during the summer? Don’t miss your chance! Contact us!
WILD DISCOVERY CAMP (12 to 15 years old)
Your teen loves nature treks and exciting adventures? Looking for ways to enrich their summer experience with meaningful activities that will enable them to explore the environment? The 2014 edition of the Wild Discoveries Camp is the answer!
What is it? Five days of activities on the road with our zoologists to explore the wilderness in unique and unusual places:
- Observe the unique wildlife of Québec with our zoologists in a multitude of natural environments. A golden opportunity to explore nature!
- Explore and sleep surrounded by wild animals. Mysteries of the forest, discreet trickle of the streams and total darkness of the night … here we come! (camping in a national park)
- Climb a mountain for a census of wild amphibians, reptiles, birds and mammals.
- Discover a rehabilitation center for birds of prey and participate in a free flight exhibit!
- Learn to identify indigenous snakes as we trek to a wild and unique habitat in search of snakes.
Zoo members : $420
Non-members : $440
The cost includes all activities supervised by our zoologists, one (1) night of camping and all snacks and beverages on Thursday and Friday. It also includes Friday's meals.