DISCOVER OUR SUMMER CAMPS!
NATURE CAMP – SUMMER 2019
Does your child love nature and animals? Don’t hesitate: the Ecomuseum Zoo summer Nature Camp is a whole week of unforgettable adventures with the flora and fauna of Québec.
It’s also hundreds of diner table conversation topics, dozens of adventures to tell friends when school’s back in and too many discoveries to count!
Each year new, exciting and enriching activities await our young campers aged 6 to 11 years of age.
Specifically, your children will have the opportunity to interact directly with animals and discover the natural settings we all share. They will, among other things:
- Learn how to ensure the well-being of the animals in our care;
- Prepare special enrichments for various animals, including the Black Bears, the Gray Wolves, or the turtles ;
- Discover real techniques used by scientists to protect animals in the wild;
- Discover a forest ecosystem and everything hidden within;
- And many more unexpected surprises !
Zoo members :
$200 for a week of full days (6-11 years old)
$225 for a week of full days (6-11 years old)
The cost includes all activities under supervision of our qualified counsellors and a t-shirt bearing the 2019 Ecomuseum Zoo Nature Camp logo.
YOUNG VOLUNTEERS – SUMMER 2019
We are looking for young volunteers interested in being a Counselor’s Assistant for the 2019 Nature Camps. If you are between 14 and 18 years of age (as of June 1st, 2019), are dynamic, mature and like working with kids and animals, why not join us as a volunteer and get some work experience during the summer? Don’t miss your chance!
WILD DISCOVERY CAMP (12 to 15 years old)
Your teen loves nature treks and exciting adventures? Looking for ways to enrich their summer experience with meaningful activities that will enable them to explore the environment? The 2019 edition of the Wild Discovery Camp is the answer!
What is it? Five days of activities on the road with our zoologists to explore the wilderness in unique and unusual places:
- Observe the unique wildlife of Québec with our zoologists in a multitude of natural environments. A golden opportunity to explore nature!
- Explore and sleep surrounded by wild animals. Mysteries of the forest, discreet trickle of the streams and total darkness of the night … here we come! (camping in a national park)
- Climb a mountain for a census of wild amphibians, reptiles, birds and mammals.
- Discover a rehabilitation center for birds of prey and participate in a free flight exhibit!
- Learn to identify indigenous snakes as we trek to a wild and unique habitat in search of snakes.
July 8-12th, 2019
August 5-9th, 2019
Zoo members : $415
Non-members : $460
The cost includes all activities supervised by our zoologists, one (1) night of camping and all snacks and beverages on Thursday and Friday. It also includes Thursday's supper and Friday's meals.
You can register either in person at the zoo, or by phone. Click here to upload the registration form.